Iowa State University - Environmental Science Graduate Program
The graduate program offers MS and PhD in Environmental Science.
The Environmental Science major is designed to provide students with an interdisciplinary education while allowing them to train and conduct research in an area of focus. With over 50 graduate-level courses available, students have the flexiblity to tailor the curriculum to meet their academic goals. There is strong world demand for scientists, technologists, and engineers with multi-disciplinary training to confront the need for a healthy environment as the global human ecological footprint expands. Whether you are already part of the expanding world of environmental science or are thinking of steering your career toward this exciting, interdisciplinary field, our program will serve your needs. Our students receive top scientific training and diverse professional development opportunities from internationally recognized faculty in world-class facilites. Our graduates are qualified to pursue careers in industry, higher education, and government agencies. We hope you will consider Iowa State University for your graduate studies in environmental science.
All students will demonstrate
- An ability to identify and develop research problems
- The capacity to think critically and solve problems
- An ability to provide a critical review of relevant literature/studies in environmental science that are central to their studies
- Proficiency in data analysis (e.g., data mining, data synthesis)
- An aptitude to quantitatively assess and interpret a wide-range of environmental data
- An ability to effectively communicate research problems and research findings in oral and written forms to both the scientific and lay communities
In addition, PhD students will demonstrate
- A deep and robust understanding of the relevant literature and problems related to their research
- A broad understanding of the relevant issues in environmental science and related disciplines
- An ability to design and conduct independent research that informs decision making
No Student Experiences for this program yet