School of Biology and Ecology
The School of Biology and Ecology administers three Master’s degree and two Ph.D. degree programs:Master of Science in Botany and Plant Pathology, Master of Science in Entomology, Master of Science in Zoology, Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, and Ph.D. in Zoology.
For PhD Biological Sciences, applicants need to identify an area of research interest and a potential advisor at the time of application; they should feel free to contact members of the faculty to discuss possible research projects before submission of the application. A research project is a central part of the PhD degree.
By choosing a faculty advisor, graduate applicants can associate themselves with any of a number of research specializations, including:
- Animal behavior and behavioral ecology
- Applied biology
- Developmental and cell biology
- Ecology and environmental biology
- Entomology Fisheries biology
- Freshwater biology
- Genetics and molecular biology
- Plant pathology
- Physiology and physiological ecology
- Science Education
- Systematics and evolution
No Student Experiences for this program yet