Department of Kinesiology & Recreation
Welcome to the online graduate program in Recreation, Parks and Sport Management at Frostburg State University! This is a premier program designed for professionals who have some administrative and supervisory experience interested to gain invaluable new skills and content knowledge necessary to become upper level managers in public, non-profit and commercial agencies in the parks, recreation and sport management industry. Individuals with degrees in allied fields who are currently working in recreation, parks and sport management are strongly encouraged to apply and we know they will find the program professionally and personally fulfilling.
Listed below are several key reasons why students choose our program for their course of study:
- The program is designed for professionals working in the recreation, parks and sport management industry who want to cultivate and develop their administrative skills.
- The program is offered totally online with new cohorts starting every fall. Seven-weeks intensive courses are offered online every semester for students to be able to complete the program in 2 years.
- Online orientation, held on various dates in August, is designed to help orient students regarding the program, provide online training, introduce students to faculty and enjoy some social interaction prior to the beginning of their educational journey.
- The program utilizes a cohort system where students' progress through courses with a consistent group of classmates, building a professional network in the field among their peers.
- Take part in engaging online assignments that take you into your community. Share project findings online with others in your cohort from around the country and the world, greatly expanding the breadth and depth of the program content beyond what it would be if you were all working in one location on the same project site.
- Introduced to distinguished faculty members and seasoned upper level practitioners in the field throughout the required courses.
- Students have the option of selecting their capstone experience that will best provide professional advancement within their professional careers.
- GetEducated.com rated FSU’s 30-credit hour program as a “Best Buy” for program quality and affordability.
No Student Experiences for this program yet