Unity College Distance Education
Our communities are facing complex problems — we need skilled and qualified systematic thinkers to solve them. Become the change the world needs.
Combining science with organizational and communication skills, the Unity College Master’s in Environmental Studies and Sustainability will give you the training and credentials you need to advance in your career path.
- A concentration in Sustainability Science
- 100% online. Sustainability Science students who take a full course load can complete the degree requirements in as few as 12 months!
- World-class faculty experienced in online teaching.
- Small class sizes allow for personalized attention. That’s something you won’t find at larger, online universities!
- Affordable and flexible. Take the classes whenever works for you. We offer five start dates per year!
- Unlike similar programs, no GRE is required.
Sustainability science is a problem-based, solution-oriented framework for creating a resilient civilization. The framework combines technical sustainability with skills based in the social sciences and humanities to create effective change agents who can work within the context of political, economic, and cultural concerns. Mitigation and adaptation to climate change is emphasized along with biodiversity conservation, resource conservation, and mitigation of pollution. Students within this track should expect to explore, debate, and research possible solutions to climate change from a variety of viewpoints.
No Student Experiences for this program yet
Learn to apply leading edge techniques in marine research & data analysis to solve global problems. Choose from concentrations in marine mammals, marine predators, and reef conservation.
Prepare to lead the management of natural resources and keep up with rapid changes in applications and methodology by earning an Ecosystem Management degree or certificate online through Penn State World Campus.
Our master’s degree is designed to help wildlife professionals protect and manage a changing world while promoting, teaching, and practicing sustainable conservation.